Friday, August 6, 2010

Katarina Erikssons films


Friday, June 25, 2010
A couple of texts that came out of a day with the masks and my friend Rowena Richie at the parking lot of Marin Headland Hostel
Keeping Peace in Place

On a bench, watching the birds. Throwing things at them - not food. Hearing the sounds, annoyed.
Keep my peace in peace! I'm just sitting here, tending to the things; the inner orchestra, the birds, the wind. It's a lot to keep track of, you know. Don't come here and add, godammit. This is my work - to feel the feathers and hear the birds. To reflect the sun onto my toes so that they stay warm and safe. Conducting the inner orchestra with full attention and much feeling. Then rest and reflect the sun.
Somebody there to disturb the order. I throw my things at them to show where my space is. Where my work happens. The seated work. The waiting and listening. It is all important for keeping things in order, and peace in place.


Katarina Eriksson, June 17, 2010



CARDBOARD

The cardboard house is where I live and find things to use or discard. The outside world is hard to understand. That stinky house is where I belong. So many years has passed since anybody came to visit, and I can't really remember anymore where I was, or who I was, before this.
Squirrels like the same kind of stuff as I, so I have to watch out and not be too friendly.
Today is a good day. I found a butter pack and some pine cones. The air is warm and the cars stay still.

Katarina Eriksson, June 17, 2010

No comments:


MARIA LINDELL med Gudruns mask

Maskernas Resa

Plötsligt såg jag mig själv i ditt ansikte av trä och pergament, och jag började berätta ... "